Christmas comes early for WNBA fans seeking to make their 2022 season plans!
The league announced on Thursday, December 9, its regular-season schedule for the New Year. The 2022 WNBA season begins on May 6 and concludes on August 14, and here’s everything you need to know:
2022 WNBA Regular-Season Highlights
- Each team will play 36 regular-season games.
- Each team will play 10 Commissioner’s Cup games, from May 6 to July 7.
- Commissioner’s Cup Championship Game will be played on Tuesday July 26.
- WNBA All-Star Weekend is July 9 and July 10.
- “Series” play continues to reduce travel and simultaneously intensify rivalries!
- All 12 teams will be in action for the regular-season finale on August 14.
- WNBA teams can begin negotiating with free agents on January 15.
- Free agents can sign contracts beginning on February 1.
- Connecticut Sun will play the Chicago Sky four times in 2022, making the defending champions a thorn in the Sun’s side for at least another season.
- Phoenix Mercury, in its first season in the post-Sandy Brondello era, will play the defending champions Sky three times.
- The Mercury and the Las Vegas Aces will face each other three times in a rematch of what was a heartbreaking semifinals loss for the Aces.
- The playoffs in 2022 feature five-game series in the early rounds and seven-game series in the WNBA Semifinals and WNBA Finals.
Opening Weekend Schedule
Day Date Visitor Home Local Time Eastern Time
Fri. May 6 Indiana Washington 7:00 p.m. 7:00 p.m.
Fri. May 6 Los Angeles Chicago 7:00 p.m. 8:00 p.m.
Fri. May 6 Las Vegas Phoenix 7:00 p.m. 10:00 p.m.
Fri. May 6 Minnesota Seattle 7:00 p.m. 10:00 p.m.
Sat. May 7 Connecticut New York 6:00 p.m. 6:00 p.m.
Sat. May 7 Atlanta Dallas 7:00 p.m. 8:00 p.m.
Sun. May 8 Los Angeles Indiana 3:00 p.m. 3:00 p.m.
Sun. May 8 Seattle Las Vegas 3:00 p.m. 6:00 p.m.
Sun. May 8 Washington Minnesota 6:00 p.m. 7:00 p.m.